As mandated by the Governor of the State of Tennessee on March 23rd, the office of Robert M. Kelso, DDS, PC, will be closed with the exception of treatment for urgent dental emergencies only until April 13th. As defined by the Tennessee Dept. of Health dental emergencies will be for pain, swelling or infection.
Office hours will be by appointment only. Please call the office and leave a message for an appointment time and for more information.
As the current situation unfolds with the coronavirus outbreak, we will keep you updated on the status of the office moving forward. As healthcare providers we have a duty to continue to provide services in the safest possible setting for us and for the patients. The goal is for us to continue to be able to provide needed emergency dental services to patients during this pandemic.
The office has always, and will continue to, operate using universal precautions as recommended by the CDC to prevent disease transmission between patients and healthcare providers. In addition, we have been wiping down common areas with disinfectant several times a day.
Our robust infection control protocols will remain the same, but please consider the following if you have an appointment prior to April 1st:
- If you are showing signs of illness (fever, cough, trouble breathing) please stay at home and re-appoint in 2 weeks.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 please re-appoint in 2 weeks.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please re-appoint in 2 weeks.
- If you are infected with coronavirus or have been in contact with someone who has, and you have an urgent dental emergency we will handle these on a case-by-case basis.
- If you have traveled recently to a foreign country, or taken a cruise, in the last 14 days we will re-appoint you in 2 weeks.
- Please arrive on-time for your appointment, not early or late, so that we may minimize any time you would stay in the reception area.
- If you would prefer to not sit in the reception area while waiting for your appointment you may text us upon your arrival and wait in your car. We will text you when it is time to be seated.
Thank you for your understanding and patience in these unique times. This situation should improve in a few short weeks.