We hope that you and your family have stayed safe and healthy during this unprecedented time of the COVID-19 pandemic. While none of us could foresee how long this was going to last, we have had to make some changes to the way we move people in and out of our dental office.
There will be some changes to the way our office operates for the foreseeable future. We will continue to follow the same robust infection control procedures as before, but there will be a concentration on new recommendations from the CDC and from the American Dental Association. These changes are being made to protect both you as patients and to protect us as healthcare providers. The safety of our patients and of our staff is our top priority.
- If you currently have a fever, had a fever in the last 48 hours, or have any symptoms of COVID-19, please call to reschedule your appointment.
- You will be asked screening questions for COVID-19 infection and exposure, and you will have your temperature taken when you enter the building.
- The reception area will be closed.
- You will be asked to wait in your car until it is time for you to enter the building. Call to inform us when you arrive, and we will call or text you back when it is time to come in.
- We ask that you wear a mask into the building. Due to the high cost and shortage of masks at this time, we are unable to provide masks for you.
- We ask that only the scheduled patient enter the building. If necessary, one additional person may be allowed to accompany the patient (one parent or caregiver). We ask that you not allow siblings to accompany the patient.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the building at any one time.
We must also allow for the reduced number of patients that can be seen due to social distancing. Please be patient with us as we try to follow the best guidance and recommendations, and as we try to accommodate as many people as we can.
Please feel free to give us a call at (865)588-6534 or visit our website at www.knoxdentist.com if you have any questions.
Robert M. Kelso, DDS and Team